Skip to main content

KAT-TUN SHOW TIME - TV Guide July 2018

 [It's been three months since the Tokyo Dome revival live in April. KAT-TUN releases an original album "CAST" for the first time in 4 years. In addition to talking about the new album and tour starting in August, we'll also celebrate TV Guide's 56th anniversary!] 



Q: In what kind of role would you like to cast the members?

N: Kamenashi-kun would play the role of doctor in a drama. I think a drama that has a sense of justice and fights against the evil of the hospital would be nice. It would be nice if the content would change the world for the better. For Ueda-kun, the drama role of professional boxer. I think it would be nice if it was the role of someone who aims to conquer 3 divisions (in boxing) despite several setbacks and who ends up growing as a human being. Like a moving human drama. I want to play a small role in both dramas. A role with about two lines would be alright.

U: I'm producing two people? I wonder... Well then, Kame first. It would be like the setting of the drama '薫' (kun), a role as young president of some company would be nice. I haven't seen him in comedy much, so I would like to let him do it. Nakamaru would be a really strange character, with a weird personality and way of talking, comedy would be good here too (laughs). I want to be the producer, so I don't have to do a cameo appearance (laughs). 

K: Ueda-kun is a hot headed guy who competes with the fellows in his group. Because he seems to like riding bikes recently, he fights for various reasons while riding the bike, but in the end, he creates friendships through the bike. Nakamaru will be in the sequel of "Massage Tantei Joe", who finds criminals by the massage points. He will progress and become a person who will know without even massaging (who the criminal is), making the world peaceful. He'll find missing things and become a kind massage detective for the community.  


Q: How would you compare the roles of each member, including yourself, in a (school) class?

N: Kamenashi would be a big success in ball game competitions. He is also active in the baseball club and is like a hero. Ueda looks like he would play an active part in physical education time. I think he would get good results in sprints and marathon events. I would be nothing special (laughs). However, if there were illustrations needed for the school festival, I think I would be active and draw it. If the three of us were in the same class, I wonder if we would usually play together. 

U: I have no idea about roles... But, don't we all look like the type who doesn't want to be the class representative? I definitely don't want to do it if I don't have to (laughs), if both of them seem to do it then it's unlikely I'll have to. The seats are something like this, Nakamaru right in the middle, I'm by the window, and Kame by the corridor side. I have the image that people hang out because they have similar hobbies, so because the 3 of us have different hobbies, I have the feeling we wouldn't get along.

K: Nakamaru takes care of the class pet. He sits in the middle of the classroom, listens attentively to the teacher and studies. I feel Ueda would seat by the window. He'd do his best in PE class, but he'd also study properly. I think he used to be that type. As the one in charge of serving lunch, he would take the lead and serve you. I would be on the seat way at the back, by the back door, so that it's easy to go in and out secretly (laughs). I don't study, but unlike what's expected, I do the classroom cleaning properly. If there was a baseball team I might join.


Special Talk

N: It's been 4 years since we had an album and tour. We talked about how great it would be if this was an album of the current KAT-TUN. When we chose the songs with the tour in mind, we ended up with 17 songs. 

U: We took on new challenges while choosing songs that sound like KAT-TUN, so I hope all the fans will look forward to listening to them. 

K: Under the director's instruction, such as singing "gentler" or "stronger", we were able to do quite delicate work with just one sigh. We looked forward to see what kind of singing style we could deliver. 

N: Since a long time ago, KAT-TUN has been said to "value individuality", the title CAST is around that implication, in this CAST each one of us is KAT-TUN. It's is also because of that '薫' (kun) was born.

K: For the '薫' MV we did a drama, but doing a play as a group is something I've been talking about wanting to do for a long time, so I said isn't it alright in this timing?

U: It was really fresh. It was also a new thing to sing one chorus each.

K: Ueda-kun played the role of ramen chef in the MV.

U: About that, I've been told a lot, but it has nothing to do with the TV show's image. (the program Gachinko Ramen Stand, where Ueda drove a ramen car around Europe)

K: But somehow there may have been a way of seeing it. Nakamaru-kun plays the role of illustrator, and I may have a baseball ball.

N: The solo songs also feel like they have individuality. I thought Kame's song was gentle and something I'd like.

K: I've been able to properly do Kamenashi Kazuya with other KAT-TUN songs, so I thought I'd try for once to remove that vector from my solo. 

U: I simply wanted a song with more momentum, so I thought of doing it myself. I sang quite a bit, so I ended up losing my voice.

N: I wanted to dance in the live, so I chose a song I could dance to, and wrote the lyrics with the in-house lyricist about a man who's played with. (like a puppet)

K: Did the two of you write it?

N: I thought I wanted to write that kind of theme, but I was embarrassed to do it by myself. I wondered if one more person wrote it maybe it would be unclear who thought of what (laughs).

K: The tour will start with this album for the first time in 4 years.

U: When we played at Tokyo Dome in April, I was so happy to see the audience smiling, and I really thought I had to keep them smiling. However, there were some girls who could not make it there, so I think it's really important that we to go to the countryside with our own legs, because they've been waiting for 4 years.

N: It brought back many sad memories, so the fact of being supported by so many people really gave me confidence. 

K: When you stand on the stage, the number one priority is how to make it enjoyable [for others], we fool around a lot, but it's definitely because there are fans that these things are created. We can share more time together on the tour, and I think it will be a time for us to think about what is important for our future.       


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[SUBS] Nani Suru KAT-TUN? 2021.03.31 #0

 2021.03.31 Nani Suru KAT-TUN? #0 (562.8MB 39m41s).mp4 Subs: FchanHyphen Timing & typesetting: Citraryo Raw: FchanHyphen Download:  MEGA List of the 15 questions asked: Q1: Looking back frankly on the 15th anniversary since debut. ( Kamenashi ) Q2: Looking back frankly on the 15th anniversary since debut. ( Ueda ) Q3: Looking back frankly on the 15th anniversary since debut. ( Nakamaru ) Q4: What was the biggest change in yourself since debut. ( Ueda , Nakamaru , Kame ) Q5: The part which has not changed since debut. ( Nakamaru ) Q6: A song you're fond of. ( Kamenashi , Ueda , Nakamaru ) Q7: KAT-TUN's appeal and strenght. ( Ueda , Kamenashi , Nakamaru ) Q8: The relationship between the three of you in KAT-TUN. ( Ueda , Kamenashi , Nakamaru ) Q9: What do you think about being in an idol group? ( Kamenashi , Ueda , Nakamaru ) Q10: What is the motivation that kept KAT-TUN going? ( Ueda , Nakamaru , Kamenashi ) Q11: A word to KAT-TUN. ( Nakamaru ) Q12: What did each of you feel

[SUBS] Nani Suru KAT-TUN? 2021.04.19 #1

  2021.04.19 Nani Suru KAT-TUN? #1.mp4 Subs: FchanHyphen Timing & typesetting: Citraryo Raw: FchanHyphen Download:  MEGA I'll also take the chance to introduce our subbing team's name: Ikoka. From now on all our subbing projects will have the Ikoka watermark. Sorry about that, I hope you don't mind it too much. Ikoka stands for ika (squid), tako (octopus) and kani (crab), and it represents each of the 3nin's favorite foods.  We'll try to sub as many episodes as possible, but since it's only two of us it may take a while. Thank you in advance for your patience! Please continue to support KAT-TUN ♡

[SUBS] Nani Suru KAT-TUN? 2021.05.24 #2

  2021.05.24 Nani Suru KAT-TUN? #2.mp4 Subs: FchanHyphen Timing & typesetting: Roro Proofreading: LnF Raw: theqoo Download:  MEGA