Skip to main content

KAT-TUN CHAIN pamphlet : individual interviews


KAT-TUN LIVE TOUR 2012 CHAIN

When I thought about this concert, above all else, I wanted to have a "connection". I'm always connecting with everyone, so I want to connect after all this time...  We identified the distance between the fans and us, and we put our feelings into title CHAIN this time. Even in this time's tour logo, which represents the hyphen in the middle of KAT-TUN and us members properly connected by a chain. Actually, the design was a little different at first, but I strongly requested that "no matter how, I really want to hang a chain on the '-'. Because there's no meaning if it isn't all connected!", and the logo was redesigned.

I had a lot of time since the last tour, but it wasn't wasted time, so I didn't feel anxious during that period. However, I kept thinking "I want to do a concert!". Because I like that time and space of holding a live. In my life, there's always a live in corner of my mind... I realised that this time. For example, when I was given the role in "Yokai Ningen Bem", I thought "ah, in the next live, how about producing something based on this drama", regardless of work/private life, I often end up with this way of thinking, "if I did a live like this...". Especially this time, we had a bit of an interval, so there many opportunities like this. I think I will explode on stage with the passion and affection I've accumulated inside myself. 

As for this time's solo corner, it's always like this, but I'm not thinking about "what I want to do, what I want to show", I think about "what can I do to please the fans". But thinking about my solo corner is always the last thing I do. First of all, I think about KAT-TUN as a whole, my own part becomes secondary. That's why when deciding the order in which the songs are played, I say "my song can go anywhere". So I'm the only one who hasn't decided anything about the solo... it happens often. But well, once I get started I'm a fast person (laughs).

Bond

As we talked about in this pamphlet's group discussion, KAT-TUN is a group whose relationship is different from time to time. There are times when we get along fine and are very lively, but as you also know, in the early days we wasted time being unfriendly (laughs). Even after becoming adults, there are times when there is some sense of distance. I wonder if experiencing various relationships at various times is in itself our bond. The fact that we can create one stage together, I think it is proof of how good our relationship is now. In the early days there were times when I couldn't say what I wanted to say, so afterwards I would go to the staff individually to make requests... I also used to think "say it at that time!" (laughs). We used to have a strange sense of pride, we didn't like our opinions to be denied by other members. But now everyone can say on the spot whatever they think. I think this is a big change. 

Backstage 

I'm always in before everyone, and I want to leave the dressing room at the very end. I'm somewhat slower than others at changing clothes, so when everyone get's excited and it's time to form a circle in the backstage, I want just that tension when I stand on the stage. I don't need time to be on the stage's wing. If I had that time, I would think about all sorts of things. If I don't have time to think about unnecessary things, I'll go on stage just with excitement. I just want to make it clear here that I am not "a person who takes a long time to get ready" (laughs).

Personally, what do you look forward on a national tour

Food, food! I really look forward to eating local foods. To stay overnight and go out to a restaurant to eat is the best, but even on a day trip, the staff will prepare a lunch box for us. With, for example, Sendai's beef tongue. Because I've already decided on "double meat", it's handed over to me just like that. I'm really happy while sprinkling shichimi on it (laughs). Then, how I spend time in the hotel is also important. I make sure to bring my own bath robe, and I also prepare sweet scented aroma candles. When I prepare such a 'Kamenashi set', I'll ask the staff to carry it together with the costumes. Even if there's just one way to spend time during the tour, if you take care of yourself, you'll feel comfortable and have a different degree of fatigue. 

A message to the fans

At any rate, I want them to have fun and make a lot of noise. Because the concert venue is a space created by everyone. Of course, the first thing we do is to take the initiative in leading the message. For that purpose, I desperately think about the organisation, a series of trial and error. So if everyone thinks even just a little bit that it is "fun!", at that time, I want you to throw away all feelings of embarrassment and shyness, and be as noisy as possible. When I see people like that, I think more and more that "I want you to enjoy even more!", those people are the best gift for me.



KAT-TUN LIVE TOUR 2012 CHAIN

As you know, the tour we were supposed to do was postponed, so when we thought about this tour's contents, we thought about starting again from scratch. 2011 was a year in which I saw connections between people and mutual help. While thinking of the previous connections and the connection with the fans... those unbreakable ties came up as the keyword and "CHAIN" became the name of this tour. Usually, the first thing that comes to mind is "chain = kusari (chain)", but it's a deep title full of feelings. I must express this deep part properly so that it reaches the audience. It is not only the connection between us and the audience, but the audience itself is connected as well... I hope we can create a space with that atmosphere. 

More than anything, the most important thing in my solo is "to have affection". I create everything with love, starting from the production stage, and then perform it with affection. I get a sense of accomplishment and I think I can convey that feeling to the fans. A Jr told me he loves the solo I did in the previous tour, "Natsu no basho", he said he sings it when he goes to karaoke. I'm glad that not only fans, but also people close to me react like this. My solo for this tour has been warming up for a year, so I'm thinking of going with a more mature feel for my favourite R&B style dance songs. I've poured a lot of love into it, so I must deliver it to the audience!

Bond

Maybe the fact that I'm always feeling the members. I used to move a lot when I was a child, so I don't have friends from more than 10 years ago. Only the KAT-TUN members are that long, and because it has been a relationship that gets deeper, the bond is naturally there. I especially feel that I have become able to respect each individual. Everyone in KAT-TUN, including me, used to hate to lose, right? (laughs) Before, they used to push their own opinions anyways, so no matter what, the balance was biased but now, in this live's meetings, we listened to each others opinions properly. On the other hand, in the old days I couldn't speak my own opinions. I had a very reluctant approach, thinking "If I keep quite, the conversation will be settled". But now I think "it's free to just say something" (laughs). After this interval, all the members are getting to the right balance. 

Backstage 

I'm on the quick side of preparations before the the concert. I take a bath 40~50 minutes before the start, after that I hardly put on makeup, so I'm the type who has plenty of time left. I'm quite particular about the drinks I have on stage. Normally I'll have tea, but when I sweat a lot I'll have two types of sports drinks. I also check the outfits carefully. Usually the wardrobe people will take care of it, but if there is some sort of accident with the outfit, I want to be able to handle it myself. Hey, contrary to what it may look like, I'm quite well put together, aren't I? (laughs) During any free time I'm probably playing games with the Jr in their dressing room. On the previous tour, I stayed in the Jr dressing room for a long time (laughs). If the Jr aren't there I'll end up thinking "how should I spend the time?" (laughs).

Personally, what do you look forward on a national tour 

This is probably going to be "food". Going out to eat with the other members in itself is not something we usually do, so going together is fun. But if I could complain about one thing, at least once, I'd like to eat motsunabe in Fukuoka (laughs). If I try suggesting "let's have motsunabe", they always go for mizutaki! Well, mizutaki is good, and it's the majority vote so it can't be helped, but I think motsunabe would be nice once in a while. When that happens, they'll tell me something like "in that case, go by yourself"! (laughs) There's probably at least one other member who things "actually I'd like to eat motsunabe too"? Be true to your heart! (laughs)

A message to the fans

If in the live there is our loved music, our performance, and the audience's reactions, then a sense of unity is born naturally... The concert venue is a space I love. It's a great pleasure for me just to have you come to see this tour. I want to be involved on the happiness of connecting with everyone, again. And I'm hoping the people who come to the venue will receive some kind of power, so I'd be happy if you'd sharpen your five senses to feel it.



KAT-TUN LIVE TOUR 2012 CHAIN

This album and tour's name, "CHAIN", does not mean the physical object chain, but "the connection". We also made the tour logo a chain smile, I thought it would be nice too if it could connect everyone's smiles. The same goes for the concert goods, live contents and sets, and everything else. Then, we're scheduled to have a live in Sendai, it's a tour that takes over two months to tour all the cities, so I feel both its responsibility and rewards. I usually already think lives are special, but this time that feeling is probably even stronger. I feel the happiness and gratitude of standing on the stage again. Even on the radio we received many letters saying "when are you going to have a concert?" and "I'm looking forward to the day I can go to KAT-TUN's concert again". I myself probably wanted to stand on the stage as much as the fans who were waiting. During this time, it seems I was whistling "BIRTH" unconsciously, when some guy I don't know said "congratulations on the 1st place". I was so embarrassed (laughs). But to be whistling our own song unconsciously, definitely means I wanted to perform it as soon as possible. Actually, our songs are increasing. I realised that when we started planning the live. I want to perform all songs, but there's no time... It's a shame. 

My solo is... Just as you imagined, I'm erotic again (laughs). Not "sexy", but devilishly "erotic"... That's my thing. Parents and children, I'm so sorry (laughs). This time I went for "ero-cute" from a female perspective. For the special chorus, there's the bark of 2 dogs. I desperately picked up the two barks at home using my own recording equipment. What am I doing... (laughs).

Bond

It seems that my family is finally getting along (laughs). Even my big brother said "the Tanaka family, especially the brotherly love, is abnormal" (laughs). My big brother gets depressed just because he can't get in touch with me. It's not normal (laughs). Of course, I get along with Juri who's in Jr, but since Juri is a minor, I can't stay with him until late at night, right? I can't tell him to just leave and go home, so I have to take care of him (laughs). I wish he'd turn 20 soon. But it isn't only my brothers, my parents get along too. Next time, there will be something like a local social gathering, so the whole family will be attending a sports event during the day, and at night we're planning to go karaoke (laughs).

Backstage 

I wonder if it is important to get psyched in the dressing room before the live... Well, when I go up on the stage I get psyched anyways (laughs). But for the time being, in the dressing room, I play music that gets me psyched up. Also, I'll do muscle training by the stage. There's a pipe that is just right for hanging from (laughs). Because I want to go up on stage with top gear after all. And the last thing I do is to get psyched. We all get psyched up on stage. Also, just before it starts, the audience calls the member's names, right? We can hear it properly. That call is also a switch on. 

Personally, what do you look forward on a national tour 

Maybe... the differences in audience reaction depending on the region. There are places where many people are composed, places where there are many shy and embarrassed people, places where people are happy with anything... The differences are interesting, really. Then, I'm looking forward to the food. Especially in Hokkaido, everything is good. This time we can go to several places, so I'm looking forward to those places' food. Depending on the location, KAT-TUN may go out to eat together. That time will become one of the big memories of the tour. 

A message to the fans

As I said in the beginning, first of all, I want you to feel the "connection" between us and everyone. After the postponement of last year's concert was decided, all the members thought about what we could do, what we want to convey next time we meet... This time I'm so happy I can meet everyone in the best form, a live. If the fans feel the same way, I want them to hit us straight up with their feelings. Because we will also strike you with our feelings with all our strength.


KAT-TUN LIVE TOUR 2012 CHAIN

I thought the word for this tour's title, "CHAIN", was really good. It sounds simple, but does the meaning reach your heart? It contains the feeling of "connection", not only meaning "the connection with fans", but also with friends, loved ones, family... It would be nice if the venue could become a space where that kind of thing is felt. For example, I'd be glad if lovers, friends, parents and children, who come to see us could feel connected there. Talking about lovers, compared to before, recently we've been able to see more men in the audience. Well, I'm grateful the number of men is increasing, but... (laughs). I'm genuinely happy that KAT-TUN's songs are spreading to people of all ages, young and old, and also becoming a place that couples can go to together. It probably takes some courage for a man to go to our venue. I'm really grateful. 

When I think about my own solo in the concert, I wonder if there is some policy like "it has to be done this way!". I work from scratch based always on what I think and want to do from time to time. The time before last, I wanted people to listen to several types of songs, so I listed songs from various genres, from playful to mellow, and changed them for each performance... It was that kind of pattern. In this tour too, I wondered if we could try changing completely the Dome and Arena. Last year I was in the drama "Runaway~ ai suru kimi no tame ni", so I'm thinking about various things, such as should I do something a bit like that story...  

Bond

I wonder what kizuna is, I don't clearly understand it myself now, but KAT-TUN are guys I can trust without worrying about them... I wonder if that's a bond. Because it's a place where I can relax. This is something that would never happen back in the old days (laughs). But back then and still now I'm a moody guy, so when I'm hyper, I'm fully hyper, and when I don't talk, I stay alone away from the others... There's such a discrepancy. Even so, it's a relaxing place. Maybe that's KAT-TUN. On top of that, I'm a pretty shy person. When I'm among lots of people I don't know, like the staff at work, there's a place I can go and release the shutter. Of course, I must work on that sort of thing, but during those times I often rely on the other members, so I'm grateful.

Backstage 

I don't really do anything in my spare time. Saying that, I think I just play around with my mobile phone in the dressing room... I take a shower about an hour before the show, and finish getting ready 15 minutes before it starts. Otherwise I can't relax. The ones that are late are... Nakamaru and Kame (laughs). But, well, this part differs between each member's own pace. My stage drinks are usually sports drinks, but sometimes it changes. When I was into exercise it used to be protein (laughs). Then there was also a time when I used to have fizzy drinks. Eh, isn't it painful when I dance? Not at all! 

Personally, what do you look forward on a national tour

Looking at the girls in the venue... I'm joking (laughs), I like to see the scenery and local people of the different cities we go to. Not only the audience at the venue, but also the people inside the cars commuting to the venue, I check them out properly.

A message to the fans

What was announced last year was postponed... I think many people were disappointed. I understand everyone's feelings, and we are fully motivated to make you feel like "aah, I'm glad I waited" and "I'm glad I went to KAT-TUN's live!". Of course, I'm really looking forward to it myself. What I look forward to most, is to get everyone's kya~kya~ at the venue (laughs). Well, this really gives me power. 'Cause, women are same too, right? Ins't it said that if women keep being told that they're beautiful and cute, they actually become beautiful? So I think it's the same thing. The fans' cheering "kya~~!" becomes my driving force. It's been this way for a long time. Even at sports meetings, I was desperate for the girls to think I'm "kakkoii!" (laughs). But it isn't only me, I'm sure all men are like that. Therefore, everyone, please scream to the fullest at the venue, please raise KAT-TUN as a kakkoii group (laughs).


KAT-TUN LIVE TOUR 2012 CHAIN

We decided on the this tour title because we wanted to make it a place where we could reconfirm the connection with the fans and members. It's been a long time since the last tour, hasn't it? It was the first time there was such a gap between lives, so during that time I felt something was wrong. I didn't have the chance to dance much last year, so my body is itching do do it, and I'm sure I've sweated less than on other years. Yes, when I go on tour I feel my body's components become sweat and my cells are reset all at once. At the end of last year, I went to see Masuda's Tegomass live and such, and I reconfirmed that I also want to have a live too. So now, I want to stand on the stage as soon as possible!! I'm prepared mind and body and ready to go. In terms of content, there are many songs that we still haven't performed in a concert, not only this albums "CHAIN" songs, but also last year's singles and coupling songs, so I think the change in songs will be felt. For me, songs and concerts are definitely something that becomes a set. Like, if I do this song during the live, it would suit this kind of performance, the concert always comes to mind. This time, I can at last give it shape, so I'm excited about it. 

 When deciding on my solo, first I wonder if I'm aware I choose "dance style" because I like dancing. During the tour, I sometimes change the CD sound arrangement a bit to try to make it easier to dance. This time it's "STEP BY STEP"... This is a song I sang on "DREAM BOYS", it is a very special song for me... So I thought I'd go for that. I've been singing it since quite some time, but it had never been recorded. But this time, by being in the album, the fans can finally listen to it. I'd like to make a solo corner that reflects myself. 

Bond

In KAT-TUN, we've been friends for a long time, since around junior high school, so we randomly get along like male students... For better or for worse (laughs). I think this is after all because these members create this atmosphere. Just now, Koki and Taguchi, and the staff as well, together we were talking about old funny memories, and there were lots of nostalgic stories, so it was fun. We've been together for a long time, so we have lot's of memories together. So, I get really excited during those times. Especially because Koki has a good memory and is good at talking. If we talk about the same episode, he'll definitely get more laughs out of it. I have to study more (laughs). 

Backstage 

I'm more on the late start of preparations. I mean, I don't have much to prepare for in the first place (laughs). Even if I spend a lot of time on makeup and hair, it will soon be ruined by sweat. Probably the only thing I do is take shower. If we're talking about the real the backstage, behind the scenes, I'm always taken care of by a person called "progress-san". There's one person for each member that will follow you like a buddy. That person gives you drinks or guides you. The same person will follow me throughout the tour, the position where I take off my clothes, the timing when I want water or a towel, etc, will gradually come together as the tour progresses. Hmm? This is the real backstage (laughs).

Personally, what do you look forward on a national tour

The audience reaction is completely different depending on the location, so I'm looking forward to that feeling. Of course, even on the same place it depends on the performance, but there are cities where the excitement is particular high. Also, there are venues where there are many fans who "feel like they got used to the live" (laughs), so I sometimes think I have to come up with something as well. Because of that, depending on the location, it may be best to hit the performance straight up and purely enjoy it. That "live feeling" might be what makes a national tour interesting. 

A message to the fans

I think all the members have grown through their work during the period where we didn't have a live. In my case it might be "Shuuichi". There is no script and on top of that it is live. I think I have trained my ability to respond flexibly, if I may say so myself. Each member is appearing on various tv shows and media, so I think there may be many people who are coming to KAT-TUN's concert for the first time. I'll be glad if all of you will think "at first I was only interested in 〇〇-kun, but KAT-TUN is actually a nice group". Of course, the fans who have been supporting us for a long time will also be fully satisfied. I would like to create such a space, this time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[SUBS] Nani Suru KAT-TUN? 2021.03.31 #0

 2021.03.31 Nani Suru KAT-TUN? #0 (562.8MB 39m41s).mp4 Subs: FchanHyphen Timing & typesetting: Citraryo Raw: FchanHyphen Download:  MEGA List of the 15 questions asked: Q1: Looking back frankly on the 15th anniversary since debut. ( Kamenashi ) Q2: Looking back frankly on the 15th anniversary since debut. ( Ueda ) Q3: Looking back frankly on the 15th anniversary since debut. ( Nakamaru ) Q4: What was the biggest change in yourself since debut. ( Ueda , Nakamaru , Kame ) Q5: The part which has not changed since debut. ( Nakamaru ) Q6: A song you're fond of. ( Kamenashi , Ueda , Nakamaru ) Q7: KAT-TUN's appeal and strenght. ( Ueda , Kamenashi , Nakamaru ) Q8: The relationship between the three of you in KAT-TUN. ( Ueda , Kamenashi , Nakamaru ) Q9: What do you think about being in an idol group? ( Kamenashi , Ueda , Nakamaru ) Q10: What is the motivation that kept KAT-TUN going? ( Ueda , Nakamaru , Kamenashi ) Q11: A word to KAT-TUN. ( Nakamaru ) Q12: What did each of you feel

[SUBS] Nani Suru KAT-TUN? 2021.04.19 #1

  2021.04.19 Nani Suru KAT-TUN? #1.mp4 Subs: FchanHyphen Timing & typesetting: Citraryo Raw: FchanHyphen Download:  MEGA I'll also take the chance to introduce our subbing team's name: Ikoka. From now on all our subbing projects will have the Ikoka watermark. Sorry about that, I hope you don't mind it too much. Ikoka stands for ika (squid), tako (octopus) and kani (crab), and it represents each of the 3nin's favorite foods.  We'll try to sub as many episodes as possible, but since it's only two of us it may take a while. Thank you in advance for your patience! Please continue to support KAT-TUN ♡

[SUBS] Nani Suru KAT-TUN? 2021.05.24 #2

  2021.05.24 Nani Suru KAT-TUN? #2.mp4 Subs: FchanHyphen Timing & typesetting: Roro Proofreading: LnF Raw: theqoo Download:  MEGA