Skip to main content

[RADIO] MBS MASSMARU 2021.4.28 #4

 


Wednesday, April 28, 23:30~24:00

Download: Mediafire

This week they talked about Golden Week, their routine before lives, and the filming of the drama RESCUE (TBS, 2009)



[rough translation of parts]

About Golden week.

N: There are people who may have 7 consecutive days off 

S: 7 consecutive holidays?

M: Amazing

N: 1 week, anything can be done

M: Consecutive holidays are scary for people who have our job. We don't really like consecutive holidays. 

N: We become impatient when we have 3 days off, right?

M: It's because of our experience during Jr

S: What do you mean?

M: When we were really little, the call about work would come the day before work

N: Nowadays it doesn't happen anymore

S: That's troublesome

M: Yeah, we didn't have smartphones, so I'd be scared I'd miss the call if I weren't at home. I thought my time was over if I didn't get contacted for a week

S: That uneasiness was around what time?

N: After we got into groups it became more stable. At that time it was often stressful.

M: Yeah, we were little. I was about 12~13 years old

S: Junior high school? Usually, students around that age don't feel stress

N: Right. There isn't a lot of inferiority or superiority in basic school life, everyone is basically equal. But Johnny's is a competitive world, so...

M: You get that feeling even if you're not told about it

S: You feel it. You have various memories, you have a history, after all


(they played NEWS' Beautiful)


S: Letter from a listener from Osaka: "Nakamaru-kun, otsukare on the Osaka performance. It was wonderful. I love both NEWS and KAT-TUN and have been to concerts. NEWS has a great worldview and I feel like I enter that world. And KAT-TUN is so intense and cool every time. I feel so happy that each one has its own personality. I've heard about the episodes in which you go to each other's lives, but is there anything that makes you feel that group's amazing?"

N: I wonder. But I think I have the same impression, creating a worldview. I haven't seen the end of STORY, but I will. 

M: I think you did.

N: Maybe I've watched it all. I always think you're creating a concept. 

M: We prepare little hints, does someone even notice them 

(Massu talks about NEWS' live Neverland, Nakamaru says the train had impact)

M: I wonder what it is about KAT-TUN for me... When I went to watch their live, I was seating in the audience, and then Kamenashi asked me to go stage. I was wearing a flashy check pattern shirt and all of KAT-TUN were wearing check,  they were like "you definitely knew about it so you did it to match!" but it was pure chance

N: Even the colors matched, red and black

M: Nakamaru's beatbox is amazing. He practiced during shounen club rehearsals. You started practicing since you were little. You did it all the time with the mic, I've seen it without the mic as well. But when watching it in a big venue I realized he was getting pretty good. It was too good, was he really doing it?

N: I did. I'm completely doing it. I practice with the mic because the air hits it.

S: Is it different?

N: Yes. So when it goes through the mic I get a lot of sound pressure.

M: I see. It's like air pressure

N: yeah

S: Masuda-san, can I ask you to do beatbox?

M: I can't do it at all. It will sound like I'm making fun. *does beatbox* ブス

N: Did you say busu (ugly)? (everyone laughs)

M: *tries again* ブス (everyone laughs)

S: It's difficult

(I don't understand what Massu says here)

N: Practice keeping the rhythm until it sounds steady. Nowadays there are many people doing it, but at that time, I've been doing it since 15~20 years ago, it was only one person. 

S: Why did you start?

N: Because it was a competitive world, if I didn't have a special skill I wouldn't be called to a Johnny's group and I was impatient.

S: So you found beatbox.

N: The first time I found it was Justin Timberlake doing it in N'SYNC. I watched the live DVD and remember thinking "what's this", I started after that. 

M: It's awesome when it's in a Dome. He's also done stage plays. It sounds great on a big stage. It sounds so good and he's so cool, but once he's finished he's like "thanks". The ending is really uncool. He was so cool, everyone was standing up and so excited, and then... "thanks". (everyone laughs)

S: Why is that?

N: I wonder.

M: He's so cool but then goes back into being Nakamaru-kun. You should watch it.

S: I want to watch it!

M: For now watch it on DVD.

(...)

S: Okay next: "both of you are in the middle of a tour, what do you do 30min before the performance starts? I think you may have a fixed routine up to 1 hour before the live, but I wonder what you do in the last 30 minutes? It is also fun to wait for the performance, and I'd be glad to know the differences in behavior between two people who tend to be seen as the leisurely type."

N: What do you do?

M: 30 min before? Maybe makeup. 

N: Yeah, makeup.

(they both say makeup takes them about 15min. Massu talks about his routine. He doesn't eat anything except breakfast all day. He feels better if he doesn't eat. Nakamaru eats half portions. So after performing food looks really delicious. Massu eats a lot, but Nakamaru eats the average amount. They talk about Massu getting 4 refills of ramen).

M: What was the question again?

S: What do you do 30min before the live.

N: I'm the same. I take shower and do makeup.

M: What else do you do? You're doing two performances in a day, right? What do you do in the time in between?

N: I draw manga. 

M: About KAT-TUN and lives? 

N: Right now I'm drawing an original story.

M: Add me.

N: Can I use your name? 

M: You can.

N: Even for a monster character?

M: What do you mean? Is it not me?

N: It's a fantasy story

M: Idolman, then

N: Idolman?

(...)

S: Listener's requests: "(...) I'd like to request RESCUE, the theme song for the drama starring Nakamaru and Massu. I was so happy that both were cast in the drama, I watched it every week while crying in front of the TV. I think it must have been a physically difficult drama to film, but I was encouraged by Daichi and Yutaka's efforts."

M: Daichi and Yutaka!

N: So nostalgic! 

S: "Taking the opportunity of starring in this radio show, I hope both of you will co-star in a drama again, I look forward to it".

N: It was hard.

S: What was.

N: The shooting of the drama.

M: Even the staff who did all sorts of dramas said this was the most difficult drama so far. 

S: Was it that physically demanding?

N: Yeah we had to use a lot of physical strength 

M: We had to wear these really stiff and heavy costumes, really heavy

S: Like the real ones?

N: Yeah, I think they were 20 or 30 kg

S: You had to wear that

M: Is time okay to talk about Rescue?

S: It is almost over


(they play KAT-TUN's RESCUE)


While Sakura did the announcement, Massu once again sang her song in a high voice and Nakamaru joined in with beatboxing.

N: Massu's voice is too loud, I can't hear the song

M: Really? I did it really low

N: I couldn't get the rhythm 

Nakamaru will get the CD and practice it


The KAT-TUN live which Massu attended and was wearing matching clothes with KAT-TUN was CHAIN (2012)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[SUBS] Nani Suru KAT-TUN? 2021.03.31 #0

 2021.03.31 Nani Suru KAT-TUN? #0 (562.8MB 39m41s).mp4 Subs: FchanHyphen Timing & typesetting: Citraryo Raw: FchanHyphen Download:  MEGA List of the 15 questions asked: Q1: Looking back frankly on the 15th anniversary since debut. ( Kamenashi ) Q2: Looking back frankly on the 15th anniversary since debut. ( Ueda ) Q3: Looking back frankly on the 15th anniversary since debut. ( Nakamaru ) Q4: What was the biggest change in yourself since debut. ( Ueda , Nakamaru , Kame ) Q5: The part which has not changed since debut. ( Nakamaru ) Q6: A song you're fond of. ( Kamenashi , Ueda , Nakamaru ) Q7: KAT-TUN's appeal and strenght. ( Ueda , Kamenashi , Nakamaru ) Q8: The relationship between the three of you in KAT-TUN. ( Ueda , Kamenashi , Nakamaru ) Q9: What do you think about being in an idol group? ( Kamenashi , Ueda , Nakamaru ) Q10: What is the motivation that kept KAT-TUN going? ( Ueda , Nakamaru , Kamenashi ) Q11: A word to KAT-TUN. ( Nakamaru ) Q12: What did each of you feel

[SUBS] Nani Suru KAT-TUN? 2021.04.19 #1

  2021.04.19 Nani Suru KAT-TUN? #1.mp4 Subs: FchanHyphen Timing & typesetting: Citraryo Raw: FchanHyphen Download:  MEGA I'll also take the chance to introduce our subbing team's name: Ikoka. From now on all our subbing projects will have the Ikoka watermark. Sorry about that, I hope you don't mind it too much. Ikoka stands for ika (squid), tako (octopus) and kani (crab), and it represents each of the 3nin's favorite foods.  We'll try to sub as many episodes as possible, but since it's only two of us it may take a while. Thank you in advance for your patience! Please continue to support KAT-TUN ♡

[SUBS] Nani Suru KAT-TUN? 2021.05.24 #2

  2021.05.24 Nani Suru KAT-TUN? #2.mp4 Subs: FchanHyphen Timing & typesetting: Roro Proofreading: LnF Raw: theqoo Download:  MEGA